Total body care includes your dental wellness....
Having a healthy smile is something often over-looked when planning a wedding. People spend a fortune on photographers to capture that special day. Refresh your smile, with a professional dental hygiene cleaning and teeth whitening treatment.
Consider a gift certificate for your sweet heart or bridal party!
Happy Fathers Day- from “fresh”
Fathers Day- What do you buy for a dad who has everything?
Why not “re-fresh” dad’s or mom’s smile with an in-office professional laser teeth whitening experience?
Teeth age over time and can dis-color.
At “fresh”, dad can relax in a gentle massaging dental chair, while a dental hygiene professional whitens his teeth.
This treatment also includes custom touch-up trays, for at home use.
“fresh” Special- $450 ( reg. $600) expiry August 2011
Call 403-455-3326 fresh Dental Hygiene & Whitening Spa Inc
For information on healthy smiles to how gum disease can effect total body wellness!
“Dental hygiene education in Alberta is attained through a three year diploma or four year degree program at the University of Alberta. Course of study includes all areas that will support evidence-based practice such as:
- general studies (e.g. English, communications, psychology, sociology)
- biomedical sciences (e.g. histology, microbiology, pharmacology, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, nutrition, pathology )
- dental sciences (e.g. dental anatomy, embryology, head and neck anatomy, oral pathology, oral physiology, oral therapeutics, dental radiography)
- clinical practice
- community health
- education foundations
- research methods
- health promotion
Additionally, dental hygienists can apply to be on specific rosters indicating that they have the education and competencies to:
- prescribe the limited medications used in dental hygiene practice;
- administer local anaesthetic by injection; and
- prescribe and administer nitrous oxide/ oxygen for conscious sedation.
Some dental hygienists in administrative and teaching positions complete graduate education at a Masters or PhD level.”
This information is quoted from The College Of Registered Dental Hygienist Of Alberta web page under the heading “for the public”.
Visit the link below
and Click on
The Fluoride Dialogue: A CDHA position paper – This is a discussion of the latest fluoride research describing how fluoride works, fluorosis, water fluoridation, fluoride supplementation, topical fluorides, dentifrices, and CDHA positions on the use of fluoride